Welcome to the HydroEcology Lab at Mississippi State University!
I am an Associate Professor in Agricultural and Biological Engineering at Mississippi State University. I am also the Assistant Director for the Geosystems Research Institute (GRI) and the Northern Gulf Institute (NGI), both at Mississippi State University.
My research interests include hydrology, hydrodynamics, ecology, modeling, and watershed management. My work crosses disciplinary boundaries through collaboration with a variety of departments including Law, Anthropology, Wildlife, and Forestry.
Our lab is dedicated to understanding the complex issues between hydrology and ecology with a committed interest in management issues. We work toward responsible and sustainable solutions for today’s wicked ecologic and hydrologic problems.
Below are a few examples of past and present research projects that we are working on.
- Hydrodynamic and water quality modeling in the Western Mississippi Sound – Mississippi State Department of Environmental Quality and National Fish and Wildlife Federation
- The Efficacy of Marsh Terraces in Enhancing and Restoring Gulf Coastal Wetlands – National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
- Gulf of Mexico strategic conservation assessment – National Fish and Wildlife Federation
- AOML-NGI South Florida Water Quality Data Analyses – National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration
- Investigating methodologies for remote sensing of sediment tracers – National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration
- Development of a wave and current sensor for low-energy, shallow coastal environments – Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experimental Station
- Bridging the Channels: Dredge Spoil in the Coastal Sand Transport System – Mississippi Department of Marine Resources
- Expanding the integrated ecosystem assessment for the Northern Gulf of Mexico estuaries – National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration
Anna Linhoss Ph.D.
Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering
Mississippi State University
Phone: (662) 325-3280